Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Amboseli: Kenya's Lost World?

One year down the line and we can all remember the 2009 Amboseli drought that left many of us in tears.Hundreds of animals died due to the natural disaster. A disaster that we could do nothing about.I recall driving by Amboseli and the smell of the decaying animals was unbearable!

I remember my visit to Mombasa using the train - the railway cuts through Tsavo National park;all we could see was animal and people caucus!I have never had such a bad experience while in a game park or reserve in all my life.I even remember watching from my train cabin window, a traditional man and woman sacrificing a cow in what seemed like a ritual, from what we know about Africans: In the olden day we would sacrifice an animal so God could answer our requests....I guess that is exactly what that man was doing!

However one year later and this is the much i found in a rejuvenating Amboseli National Park!

Arrival at Amboseli....

Satao Elerai in house Lizard...(it looks so much like one of the species recently discovered or is it one of those?!)

Relaxing at Satao Elerai Camp,just before Lunch....

Satao Elerai swiming pool...(I Love it!)
Tawi Lodge..where i spent the night!
Tawi Lodge room, this bed is unbelievably comfy!!!


A serenade by the local Maasai before dinner at the boma at Tawi Lodge....

Birds at Tawi Lodge...


Goofing around at Tawi Lodge...

The "soon coming alive "Amboseli






Monkeys at Oltukai Lodge.
Amboseli, with less animals....

 Finally some Rhinos... 

And some Elephants......

The gofer (is there such a word?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I highly appreciate.