If you are like me and you live in Kenya and someone asked you to name a lake, I am guessing your first answer would be either Lake Nakuru, Lake Naivasha, Lake Bogoria or Lake Baringo!Honestly, i do not blame you, up to a couple of minutes before i wrote this blog...my answer would probably have been the same....
1. Plitvice Lakes (Croatia): Sixteen Lakes interconnected by Spectacular Waterfalls - If you ask me this place reminds me of garden of Eden.
2. Boiling Lake(Dominica): A Flooded Fumarole - As the name suggests, this place literally boils. It is filled with bubbling greyish - blue water that is usually enveloped in a cloud of vapor.
3.Red Lagoon (Bolivia): Red (algae) + White (borax) - The lake contains borax islands whose white color contrasts nicely with the reddish color of its waters caused by red sediments and pigmentation of some algae.
4.Five-Flower Lake (China): Beautiful Multi - Coloured Lake with Fallen Tree Trunks - The water that makes this lake is so clear and the fallen tree trunks in the lake and amidst turquoise yellowish and green colours create the mystery.
5. Dead Sea (Israel and Jordan): Lowest Point on Earth - I do not think i need to explain anything about this..if you have a christian (religious) background you know why the Dead Sea is significant.
6. Lake Baikal (Russia): Deepest and Oldest Lake in the World - It is also know as the Blue Eye of Siberia and not only is it the oldest lake, it contains more water than all the North American Great Lakes Combined.
7. Lake Titicaca (Bolivia and Peru): World's Highest Navigable Lake
8. Caspian Sea (Russia): World's Largest Lake
9. Crater Lake (USA): It's waters are considered one of the World's Most Clearest - Yet according to the cites that are bound to sink due to global warming USA has the highest number of cites!
10. Lake Karachay (Russia): Most Polluted Spot on Earth - Can you believe this?!Most polluted spot on Earth!Russia..you have got to do something!
Courtesy of http://www.oddee.com