Monday, April 4, 2011

Cat Family ; A well known family in Africa.

As every single day passes by, i get amazed at how the A-Z challenge looks achievable. Today my theme is the cat family which i must say is seemingly becoming an addition to my addictions. There is just something about the cat family that leaves me in wonder!!

It is a proven fact that there are 36 different wild cat species,with each single species having a unique and different feature from the rest. It is also proven fact that these cats can be found in all of the world's wild, with Africa and Asia being the most likely to find however it is very rare to find these cats in the Antarctica or in Australia.

I would have put images of the Lion, Cheetah, Jaguar, Leopard or Tiger but these you all have seen, so i have listed a few which you may have never seen or even heard of......

African Golden Cat..there is also an Asian Golden Cat
Clouded Leopard.....
Geoffrey's Cat ....
Ocelot....I think its beautiful 

7 comments:

  1. Great photos and a great C post! I think I will stick with my two little American short hair felines. However, that African Golden Cat is beautiful. I didn't realize Australia didn't have any wild type of big cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think cats are amazing and intelligent creatures. Great post , I love the image of the Clouded Leopard, I had never heard of this cat.
    Found you from the A-Z Challenge,I’m now following you on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog!
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful animals. I love cats! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures! I'm a crazy cat lady so I love all cats - big and small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cats and informative B post! Happy A2Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know there was such a thing as a Clouded Leopard, but that animal is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the Clouded Leopard is my favorite too. Its legs look so short, but I'm sure it is very fast.

    A couple years back, I started seeing a coyote-like animal in our neighborhood. I'd only see it at night, but I confirmed with neighbors that they'd seen it too. It was small, but so different from a dog. He must have lived in the woods behind our houses. Its habitat strunk, as they removed most woods to make a new housing development. He's gone now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I highly appreciate.