Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Invisible Impala


It has been a while since i sat down and commited to writing an article on my blog. Of course there is the excuse that i am too busy and that i do not seem to have time anymore but the real truth is,i was scared that if i were to start writting, i would probably get down to saying what i really felt. That sounds quite deep!


Recently, i have been feeling like an Impala grazing in one of the Kenyan parks!Impalas are beautiful, simple and independant which are all good things but when people visit the park all they seem to see are the big five!!The lion,elephant,leopard,buffalo and rhino! If other animals are around, not much attention is given to the Impala. They are treated as though they are simply an extra in a play! I know i am runting but the truth is even though we are not the big five, it is always important to know that someone else will see your beauty as i noticed that of the Impala.

Facts about the Impala
1. An Imapala is a medium sized African Antelope. The name comes from a Zulu word meaning gazelle.
2. They are mainly found in Kenya, Tanzania, Swaziland, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Southern Angola, South Africa and Uganda.
3. There estimated to be of about 2 million in Africa.


So do you ever feel like an Impala?

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes I feel like an impala. Although I have always gotten lots of attention. I have big blue eyes and am 5'8" but few people see the true me inside. I'm not a stunning beauty, but the Lord shines in me and I smile a lot. People see the outside and aren't so interested in the inside, or maybe I don't spend enough time reaching out in real life these days. : ) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by my blog, and I'm pleased to have seen yours - these are beautiful pictures of impalas. I would go further than you, in saying that maybe it is as well we are not all the Big Five, because often the people who are less noticed are the ones who are more useful and interesting than the celebrities ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops. I think I accidentally deleted my original comment.

    Anyway, great to meet you. I love the fun facts on impalas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such beautiful pictures. I love Impala's, but I've only seen them at a local "zoo", so it's not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your comments! @Jenny Woolf..i couldn't agree more!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I highly appreciate.