Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Top 5 Things I plan to do in Nairobi this December!

This post is way over due because we are already in December! For the past two weeks I have been pursuing myself to get down to write this post considering many people are taking their getaways now, with tourists and Kenyans living abroad , all coming to Nairobi or rather country area code +254.  Even though tourists consider July - August a much better time to come to Kenya because of the Wildebeest Migration, I say this is the best time to come to Kenya! I am sure you are wondering why? Well, my reason is very simple. Short rains are just coming to an end meaning the whole country is completely green, even though this time the short rains turned into floods!

It is therefore a perfect chance to see the wildlife as they graze in the game reserves and it is also a fantastic time to soak up the sun on our white sandy beaches at the coast! (Get thoughts of Somali, Al Shabab terrorist groups out of your head.....the security down there is extra tight!!) But as a true city girl, there things that just absolutely make my heart jump when I think of December.. and this Christmas, I am hoping the same will apply to you if you are in my area code!


 1. Spa Treatment at the Tribe Hotel
The tribe hotel is a five star hotel located in Nairobi's Gigiri area and they have the best massage treatments I have ever received. The first time  I got a chance to enjoy the treatments was mid this year after I won a complementary massage gift at the first ever Kenya Tourism Awards! I vowed to treat myself but somehow, never got the time!


 2. Have lunch at the Nairobi Tented Camp
You probably expect me to say how awesome the food in this place is and how the chef has amazing menus but that's not why i want to have lunch here (not that they do not have great food).  Nairobi Tented camp is the only camp in the Nairobi National Park which is the only "real" game park in a city in the whole world! So i guess it's now obvious why I want to have lunch here...I will be enjoying wildlife without leaving the city!

3. Ice skating at The Panari Sky

Christmas is always associated with snow and ice. The unfortunate thing is, Kenya has never and probably will never experience real snow! It used to snow at the top of Mount Kenya however due to global warming that has also come to an end. Therefore my closest feeling to have an imaginary white snow..yap, an ice skating arena at the Panari Sky!

4. Shopping in the many malls
It may sound strange but when i was growing up, there were not as many malls as we have now in Nairobi! You could literary count how many they were , but now i must say we are spoilt for choice. I love Christmas lights and i absolutely adore how the malls decorate with Christmas lights,plus everything usually has a "special"Christmas discount so what better thing to do than shop, shop and shop some more!

5. Party
I love to dance, even though I am not a very good dancer, I will dance anyway! December usually is described as a party month, meaning great food, amazing dance floors and being social! From my birthday party (yes, I am a Sagittarius) to office parties, to family parties and the list of parties is endless! I plan on being present in most of them, so the more I eat, the more I will dance!

So what are you up to this December?

Happy Holidays!


2 comments:

  1. Wow I love the Tented Camp lunch idea.

    I'm just going to be quiet and pushing myself to finish my second WiP rewrite before the end of the month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Misha, and good luck with the rewrite. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I highly appreciate.